BLM Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Egg and Milk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Thu May 17, 2018 1:04PM
BLM Prod.-u. Vertriebsges. mbH & Co. KG, is voluntarily recalling Priano Rosso Pesto Sauce as it may contain undeclared milk and egg.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk and egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
In cooperation with ALDI, the affected product has been removed from its stores. ALDI is the only retailer with this product. The affected product was packaged in a 6.70 oz. glass jar with a multicolored printed paper label and a twist-off metal lid. The UPC code is 041498147631. The best-by date and lot codes affected are;
The best-by-date and lot code are marked by ink on the back label.
The product was available for purchase in the following states: Arkansas, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, and West Virginia.
The product was also available for purchase to ALDI customers in the Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles areas through the company's partnership with Instacart, a grocery delivery service.
To date, no illnesses related to this product have been reported. No other ALDI or BLM products are affected by this recall.
If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should discard it immediately or return it to their local ALDI store for a full refund.
Customers who have questions about this recall may contact ALDI customer service via aldi.us/customer-service or 1-800-325-7894, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST.
The product recall was initiated after it was discovered in a label review that the product containing egg and milk was delivered with a label not explicitly indicating the presence of those ingredients. BLM sincerely regrets any inconvenience and concern this voluntary recall may cause.
- Nor Cal Food Solutions, LLC ISSUES ALLERGY ALERT ON UNDECLARED Tree Nut - Walnut in The Purveyors Kitchen - Pumpkin Pesto Tapenade
- The Pictsweet Company Recalls 8-ounce Steam'ables Asparagus Spears due to Potential for Listeria Monocytogenes
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall Product Expansion of TB - Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models)
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria "La Milagrosa" and "Alebrije Cheese" Because of Possible Health Risk
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens
- In Association With Sunshine Mills, Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Orlando Brand Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.