Mas Food Services Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in The Peruchef Dry Potato
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed May 16, 2018 5:22PM
Mas Food Services Co. of Oakland Park, FL is recalling its 15 ounce packages of The Peruchef brand dry potato because it may contain undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
1200 units of the above-mentioned product were distributed to and available for purchase at retail supermarkets in Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, and Maryland.
The Peruchef Brand Dry Potatoes come in a 15-ounce, printed plastic bag marked with "Dry potato" and "Papa Seca Serrana" on the label with an expiration date of August 2019. The product UPC is 7755864000194.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The voluntary recall was initiated after routine sampling by the Florida State Department of Agriculture and analysis by food laboratory personnel revealed the presence of sulfites in the product, which were not declared on the label.
Consumers who have purchased The Peruchef Brand Dry Potato are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at (954) 735-7442, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-1:30PM EST.
- GiftTree Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts in " Sherman Candy Caramels "
- Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Food Lion Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips
- King Bio Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Aquaflora Candida HP9, Lymph Detox, and Baby Teething Liquids Due to Microbial Contamination
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues Recall Two Variety Packs of Creamy Creations Ice Creams and Sherbets in 3-Ounce Cups Recalled due to Broken Metal in Processing Equipment
- Portland French Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Seattle Sourdough Pub Buns and Franz Premium Pub Buns
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Spring Pasta Salad Due to Reported Illnesses