Mas Food Services Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in The Peruchef Dry Potato
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed May 16, 2018 5:22PM
Mas Food Services Co. of Oakland Park, FL is recalling its 15 ounce packages of The Peruchef brand dry potato because it may contain undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
1200 units of the above-mentioned product were distributed to and available for purchase at retail supermarkets in Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, and Maryland.
The Peruchef Brand Dry Potatoes come in a 15-ounce, printed plastic bag marked with "Dry potato" and "Papa Seca Serrana" on the label with an expiration date of August 2019. The product UPC is 7755864000194.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The voluntary recall was initiated after routine sampling by the Florida State Department of Agriculture and analysis by food laboratory personnel revealed the presence of sulfites in the product, which were not declared on the label.
Consumers who have purchased The Peruchef Brand Dry Potato are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at (954) 735-7442, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-1:30PM EST.
- Melanie Wholesale Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Melanie Mini Cookies with Caramel Flavor
- Melanie Wholesale Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cookies
- Ziyad Brothers Importing Recalls Tahini Because of Possible Health Risk
- Hickory Harvest Recalls Certain Island Fruit Mix and Organic Nut Mix Products Because of Possible Health Risk
- Century Snacks LLC Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk, Soy, Wheat and Cashews in Snak Club Family Size Tropical Trail Mix
- MBI Distributing, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Homeopathic Teething Drops, Nausea Drops, Intestinal Colic Drops, Stomach Calm, Expectorant Cough Syrup, Silver-Zinc Throat Spray, and Argentum Elixir Due to a Lack of Process Controls