Auromedics Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ampicillin and Sulbactam For Injection USP 3 Grams Due to The Presence of Visible Particulate Matter
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon May 7, 2018 1:21PM
AuroMedics Pharma LLC is voluntarily recalling two lots of Ampicillin and Sulbactam for Injection USP, 3 grams*/ Single-Dose vial, to the hospital/user level. The recall has been initiated due to customer complaints of the presence of red particulate matter in the product that is believed to be red rubber particles from the manufacturing process of the active ingredients.
Risk Statement: In the event the particulate is administered to the patient, it may result in local site reaction, phlebitis, pulmonary granuloma, occlusion of blood vessels, thromboembolic events and systemic immune response. Patients with vascular disease may be at particular risk of embolic events which could cause permanent impairment or damage to a body structure or function. The risk is reduced by the possibility of detection. To date, AuroMedics Pharma LLC has not received reports of any adverse events or identifiable safety concerns attributed to the product consumed from these lots.
Ampicillin and Sulbactam for Injection is an intravenously or intramuscularly administered antibiotic used for the treatment of infections due to susceptible strains in adults and pediatric patients one year and older. It is packaged in a carton containing 10 vials, NDC 55150-117-20. The affected Ampicillin and Sulbactam for Injection lots being recalled are AS0317041-A, Exp. Aug 2019, and AS0317035-A, Exp. Aug 2019. The product can be identified as a 'clear vial stoppered with grey rubber stopper and sealed with aluminum seals having a Royal Blue color polypropylene disc'. A ur oM e di c s shipped the entire lot to wholesalers and/or hospitals nationwide in the USA between Oct 19, 2017, through Oct 26, 2017.
The product label is as shown below:
AuroMedics Pharma LLC is notifying its distributors and customers by recall letters and is arranging for return/replacement etc. of all recalled product. Consumers/distributors/retailers that have the product lot which is being recalled should immediately stop using and return to place of purchase/contact their doctor as appropriate.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact AuroMedics Customer Service Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST at 888-238-7880 Option 1. If you need assistance in returning your product or have questions about the recall process, contact Inmar at 800-967-5952 Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST. Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product.
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm1
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download form www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm2 or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Bellona Brand Hazelnut Wafers Due to Improperly Declared Wheat Allergen
- BioLyte Laboratories Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Due to the Voluntary Nationwide Recall initiated by King Bio Inc. (a Raw Material Supplier) for NeoRelief for Muscle Cramping and Restlessness Topical Gel Due to Possible Microbial Contamination
- Sarap Asian Fusion Recalls Cookies due to Undeclared Allergens
- Bravo Packing, Inc. Recalls Performance Dog Raw Pet Food Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk to Humans and Animals
- Voluntary Recall Notice of Meijer Taco Seasoning Mix 4.5 oz.
- Market of Choice Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Egg in Sesame Noodle Salad Vegan