Badger Botanicals Recalls Red Suma, Green Suma, Green Hulu 2, And Red Hulu 2 Kratom Supplements Because Of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri May 4, 2018 5:26PM
Badger Botanicals, LLC of Springville, Utah is recalling Green Suma, Red Suma, Green Hulu 2, and Red Hulu 2 kratom dietary supplements sold directly to consumers via the company website from January 1st, 2018 to April l 12th, 2018 in pouches of 250g, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Attached is an image of the product labels to aide in identifying product associated with this recall.
One potential illnesses has been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The potential for contamination was noted after sampling and testing by the FDA revealed the presence of Salmonella.
Consumers who have purchased the products listed above should discontinue use of the product and may return the unused portion. Consumers with questions may contact Badger Botanicals, LLC at 1-385-325-0875
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass