Stonewall Kitchen Voluntarily Recalls a Limited Amount of Basil Pesto Aioli due to Mislabeling and Undeclared Presence of the Dairy Allergen, Egg
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38PM
Stonewall Kitchen is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of 10.25oz Basil Pesto Aioli with an Enjoy By date of 28 Sep 2019 which may contain the undeclared allergen egg, as we may have inadvertently placed the label for our Basil Pesto on a small portion of our most recent production run. Basil Pesto Aioli contains the dairy allergen egg, whereas Basil Pesto does not. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The case pack is correctly labeled as Basil Pesto Aioli, it is the individual units which may have the incorrect label (Basil Pesto) on the jar.
We began shipping this product on Monday April 23rd, and we have determined that this error was limited to no more than 732 units which were shipped to 38 different wholesale retailers, all of whom have been contacted.
Affected product includes the following details:
- Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto Aioli, 10.25 oz., 12 pack
- Enjoy By Date: 28SEP2019
- UPC: 7 11381 31752 5
- Label: Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto, 8 oz.
- Enjoy By Date: 28SEP2019
- UPC: 7 11381 03060 8
- Packaged in a 10.25oz. glass jar
To date, Stonewall Kitchen has not experienced any problems or complaints about these products. No injuries or illnesses have been reported. This voluntary recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the US Food and Drug Administration.
If consumers have any of the above product, they must discontinue use and discard product immediately.
Consumers should contact Stonewall Kitchen Premier Guest Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-826-1735 for refund instructions and any further information.
Enclosed: Photo of Basil Pesto Aioli, Basil Pesto, and Incorrectly Labelled Product.
For more information about Stonewall Kitchen, please visit www.stonewallkitchen.com
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds