UPDATED: Van's Foods Voluntarily Recalls Gluten Free Waffles Due to Gluten, Undeclared Wheat & Undeclared Milk
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26AM
Van’s Foods is voluntarily recalling Van’s Gluten Free Waffles with a lot code date of #A640234710–WL2, BEST BY AUG 22, 2018 and UPC 0 89947 30206 4. The products are being recalled because a limited number of the wrong packaging were used during the production of Van’s Belgian Waffles. The product inadvertently packaged in the Van’s Gluten Free Waffle box contains gluten, undeclared wheat and undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk, wheat or gluten run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. These products could also cause a serious autoimmune reaction to people with celiac disease if consumed.
The products were distributed solely to food retailers in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin.
To date, Van’s Foods has received no reports of illnesses or adverse reactions associated with the effected products.
The effected retail packages are labeled as Van’s Gluten Free Original, Item number 30206, Product Lot #A640234710–WL2, BEST BY AUG 22, 2018. No other Van’s branded products are affected by this voluntary recall.
|Pkg SKU||Brand||Product Description||Code Date|
|30206||Van's||Van's Gluten Free Original||BEST BY : AUG 22 2018 |
Consumers who have purchased these products or have questions are requested to contact Van’s Consumer Relations department at 1-866-886-8456 (Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST) for additional information and/or reimbursement.
News media and health department officials who have questions should contact Caroline Ahn at 312-614-6047 (Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST).
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds