Ethnic Foods Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in "Bhavnagri Mix"
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:22AM
Ethnic Foods Inc. of 76 South Bayles Avenue, Port Washington, NY 11050, is recalling its 19 ounce package of Bhavnagri Mix snack mix because they may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled Bhavnagri Mix is distributed nationwide in retail stores. The product comes in a 19 ounce, clear bag marked with lot # 28517, 31917, 33817, 35317, 01118, 02318, 02918, 05118, 07318 on the bottom right corner of the label. The product UPC code is 808550110206.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after routine sampling by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors and subsequent analysis by Food laboratory personnel revealed that the peanut-containing product was distributed in packages that did not reveal the presence of peanuts.
Consumers who have purchased 19 ounce packages of Bhavnagri Mix are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the Company at 516-767-7400.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass