Greenbelt Greenhouse Ltd Recalls Greenbelt Microgreens Brand Microgreens Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14PM
Greenbelt Greenhouse LTD of British Columbia, Canada is recalling all Greenbelt Microgreen products with the best before dates from 4/24/18 and 4/30/18 because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Greenbelt Microgreen products can be identified by the Greenbelt Microgreen label (which is purple & Green) on the lid of the plastic clamshells which is clear. The best before date can be found on the bottom left corner of the label above the UPC barcode.
The affected Greenbelt Microgreens brand microgreens were distributed to Whole Foods stores in Washington between 04/11/18 and 04/24/2018.
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Arugula Microgreens||75 g||8 90082 00012 4||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Broccoli Microgreens||75 g||8 90082 00016 2||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Fresh Microgreen Mix||75 g||8 90082 00041 4||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Sweet & Crunchy Microgreen Mix||75 g||8 90082 00006 3||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Spicy Microgreen Mix||75 g||8 90082 00000 1||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Pea Shoots Microgreens||100 g||8 90082 00023 0||Best Before:4/24/18|
|Greenbelt Microgreens||Sunflower Microgreens||100 g||8 90082 00030 8||Best Before:4/24/18|
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was the result of sampling program by Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) which revealed that the Broccoli Microgreen contained the bacteria. Due to the potential risk of contamination the company has ceased the production and distribution of all product as Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and the company continue their investigation as to what caused the problem.
This recall is being made with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and WSDA.
If consumers are in possession of these products, they should dispose of or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions may contact Greenbelt Greenhouse LTD at 1-519-647-1112 from Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm EST. Additionally, we can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds