Voluntary Recall Notice of Happy Harvest Canned Spinach Due to Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen from Product Mislabeling
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:28PM
McCall Farms, Inc. is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of cases of Happy Harvest Spinach in 13.5 oz cans as a precautionary measure due to the potential presence of peanuts resulting from product mislabeling. This product may cause an allergic reaction in customers who have a peanut allergy.
In cooperation with ALDI, all affected product has been removed from its stores. ALDI is the only retailer with this product. The product was packaged in 13.5 oz cans with the lot code of A23IX. The best-by date is January 2021. The UPC code is 041498131289.
The product was available for purchase in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
The product was also available for purchase to ALDI customers in the Atlanta and Chicago areas through the company's partnership with Instacart, a grocery delivery service.
To date, no illnesses related to this product have been reported. No other ALDI or McCall Farms products are affected by this recall.
McCall Farms takes the safety and integrity of all its products very seriously. If consumers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should discard it immediately or return it to the local ALDI store for a full refund.
Customers who have questions may contact McCall Farms consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-277-2012.
McCall Farms sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience or concerns this voluntary recall may cause.
- Zakah Life Recalls Kratom Because Of Possible Health Risk
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Cafe Yumm! Restaurants
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads
- Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) Due to Risk of Adulteration
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg and 320mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity, Found in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)