OC Raw Dog, LLC RECALLS Freeze Dried Sardines BECAUSE PRODUCT EXCEEDS FDA SIZE RESTRICTIONS
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:22PM
OC Raw Dog, LLC of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, is recalling the Freeze Dried Sardines because the fish have exceeded the FDA compliance guideline for fish larger than 5 inches. The FDA has determined that salt-cured, dried, or fermented un-eviscerated fish larger than 5 inches have been linked to outbreaks of botulism poisoning between 1981 and 1987 and again in 1991. Because OC Raw Dog Freeze Dried Sardines are larger than 5 inches there is a possible health risk. Clostridium botulinum can cause severe and potentially fatal toxicity in both animals consuming the pet treat and people handling the pet treat or coming in contact with contact areas that have been exposed o the product. Common symptoms may include dizziness, blurred or double vision, trouble with speaking or swallowing, difficulty breathing, muscle weakness, abdominal distension, and constipation. Pets or Persons experiencing these symptoms should seek immediate medical attention.
This product of Freeze Dried Sardines was shipped to Distributors in the following states with the intent to be sold to Wholesales who in turn sell to Consumers. This product would be found in Independent Pet Specialty Stores within the following states:
California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Texas, and Pennsylvania.
OC Raw Dog Freeze Dried Sardines are packaged in a 3.2 oz bag with a UPC of 095225853043.
|Product||Package Nt. Wt.||UPC No.||Bar Code|
|OC Raw Dog Freeze Dried Sardines||3.2 oz||095225853043|
To date there have been no reported illnesses of dogs, cats, or persons in any connection with the sardines.
OC Raw was notified by the Minnesota Department of Food and Agriculture after a sample of our OC Raw Dog Freeze Dried Sardines were collected and determined to contain un-eviscerated or intact un-gutted fish that measure 6-61/2 inches which is greater than FDA guidelines of 5 inches for un-eviscerated fish.
This product has not tested positive for Clostridium botulinum. Minnesota Department of Food and Agriculture tested the product for Salmonella where the test returned negative.
OC Raw Dog is a family owned and managed by passionate dog enthusiasts who take very seriously the safety and wellbeing of its consumers and clients. We are dedicated to producing a safe and quality product. Because safety and quality is our priority we are conducting this voluntarily recall. We will be changing our sardine suppliers to insure the new Sardines are less than 5 inches or if larger they will be eviscerated. We will continue to only use ingredients and products that are USDA certified and inspected for Human Consumption.
Distributors, Retailers and Consumers who have purchased OC Raw Dog’s Freeze Dried Sardines can return it to the location where it was purchased for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-844-215-DOGS Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm PST
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass