Eataly USA Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Walnuts in Artichoke Spread
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13AM
Eataly USA of New York City, New York is recalling Eataly Artichoke Spread, because it may contain undeclared walnuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to walnuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Eataly Artichoke Spread was distributed in New York City sold at Eataly Flatiron, located at 200 5th Avenue, New York, 10010.
The product us packed in a plastic container and has a front and back label. The front label says “Eataly artichoke spread” nt wt.7 oz. 200g, UPC: 612067. The back label lists the ingredients and mentions the expiration date of 05.12.
The problem was found by a costumer who is allergic to nuts. He did not encounter any illness, but had a light allergic reaction. The customer declined to fill out the Eataly incident form and just wanted to bring the seriousness of what happened to our attention. Subsequent investigation indicates that the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the packaging process.
Consumer who have purchased the product need to be aware that it contains walnuts as an ingredient. For customer who are not allergic to walnuts, the product is totally safe.
Consumers who have purchased Eataly Artichoke Spread are urged to return it to the Eataly NYC Flatiron. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-201-875-0606, Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass