Eataly USA Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Walnuts in Artichoke Spread
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13AM
Eataly USA of New York City, New York is recalling Eataly Artichoke Spread, because it may contain undeclared walnuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to walnuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Eataly Artichoke Spread was distributed in New York City sold at Eataly Flatiron, located at 200 5th Avenue, New York, 10010.
The product us packed in a plastic container and has a front and back label. The front label says “Eataly artichoke spread” nt wt.7 oz. 200g, UPC: 612067. The back label lists the ingredients and mentions the expiration date of 05.12.
The problem was found by a costumer who is allergic to nuts. He did not encounter any illness, but had a light allergic reaction. The customer declined to fill out the Eataly incident form and just wanted to bring the seriousness of what happened to our attention. Subsequent investigation indicates that the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the packaging process.
Consumer who have purchased the product need to be aware that it contains walnuts as an ingredient. For customer who are not allergic to walnuts, the product is totally safe.
Consumers who have purchased Eataly Artichoke Spread are urged to return it to the Eataly NYC Flatiron. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-201-875-0606, Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds