NGB Corp. Recalls NxtGen Botanicals Maeng Da Kratom Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52PM
NGB Corp. of West Jordan, Utah is voluntarily recalling NxtGen Botanicals Maeng Da Kratom labeled bottles of encapsulated product because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can ressult in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis, and arthritis.
The possibly affected products bear the lot #171409 and are packaged in plastic sealed bottles sold in 500-miligram capsules. Distribution of an estimated 1,108 units were sold directly to 22 retailers in Utah, 2 in Massachusetts, and 1 in each of Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota, and California. The lot number can be found on the bottom of each bottle.
One illness has been reported to date to the Food and Drug Administration.
The recall was initiated after NGB Corp. was notified of positive Salmonella test results by the Food and Drug Administration. NGB Corp. has identified the supplier and source of contaminated product and has ceased the production and distribution of the product.
Consumers who may be in possession of potentially contaminated products are advised not to consume products labeled NxtGen Botanicals Maeng Da Kratom. All products associated with this recall should be returned to NGB Corp. for a full refund. Customers can return product to the place of purchase for a full refund and retail stores will receive a full refund from NGB Corp. within 14 business days.
NGB Corp. is working in cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration and will destroy all recalled product upon return.
Customers with questions about this issue should contact NGB Corp. anytime by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (323) 813-5428 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds