Superior Foods Company Voluntarily Recalls 487 lbs. of Smoked Salmon Spreads
Source: FDA Food Recalls
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19PM
No illnesses have been reported to date
Superior Foods Company located in Kentwood, Michigan is voluntarily recalling a specific lot of Smoked Salmon Spreads (487 lbs.) that were produced on March 26, 2018. This voluntary action is being undertaken in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Listeria monocytogenes was identified through routine inspection and testing by MDARD.
The products in question could potentially be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, pregnant women and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages, stillbirths and fatal infection in pregnant women. People experiencing these problems should seek immediate medical attention.
Products covered by this voluntary recall were distributed in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Minnesota, and include only those products listed below, currently in distribution and for sale. Products were sold in retail grocery stores and some food service businesses. Specific product names and further product information is listed below.
No other Superior Foods Company retail or food service-branded products are impacted by this voluntary recall.
The following products are included in this product recall:
Smoked Salmon Spread5 lb. bulk units – Code Number: 68487 – Sell by Date: 4/25/18 – Lot Number 0728-2
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Grand Strand Sandwich Company Recalls Lunch Box Sandwiches Italian Subs Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Swiss Croissants And Lunch Box Sandwiches Ham & Cheese Due To Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Cheesecakes Made with Diamond Crystal Mix
- Shamrock Farms Issues Voluntary Recall of 2% Reduced Fat Vanilla Half Gallon Milk Due to Undeclared Almonds