Viable Solutions, LLC Recalls Certain Kratom-Containing Powder Products Because of Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:25PM
Viable Solutions ofNampa, ID has initiated a recall of certain Kratom-containing powder products, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The potentially affected powder products are packaged in kaft paper, foil-lined heat sealed pouches and sold in 25 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams, and 1000 grams sizes. The units were sold directly to consumers nationwide in January and February of 2018 via company websites. The products description are as follows:
Recall Product Identification:
|Brand||Product Name||Net Wt.|
|Herbal-Salvation.com||Mitragyna Speciosa Leaf Powder-Red Vein Sumatra||25 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams, 1000 grams|
|Herbal-Salvation.com||Mitragyna Speciosa Leaf Powder-Red Vein Bali||25 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams, 1000 grams|
|Herbal-Salvation.com||Mitragyna Speciosa Leaf Powder-Green Horn||25 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams, 1000 grams|
|Herbal-Salvation.com||Mitragyna Speciosa Leaf Powder-Thai Maeng Da||25 grams, 100 grams, 250 grams, 1000 grams|
The lot numbers being recalled can be found on the packaging and are as follows:
The company has been notified by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) that certain lots of the product were tested positive for Salmonella. While the Salmonella has not been traced to Viable Solutions, out of an abundance of caution and concern for the public health, Viable Solutions has initiated this recall. Viable Solutions has identified the supplier and source of the potentially contaminated product and has ceased production and distribution of the potentially contaminated product. Working in cooperation with the FDA, the company will destroy all recalled product upon return.
Consumers who may be in possession of potentially contaminated products are advised not to consume products from those LOT numbers. All products associated with this recall should be returned to Viable Solutions for a full refund. Customers can return product to company for a full refund within fourteen (14) days by contacting Viable Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zakah Life Recalls Kratom Because Of Possible Health Risk
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Cafe Yumm! Restaurants
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads
- Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) Due to Risk of Adulteration
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg and 320mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity, Found in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)