TruPet LLC Recalls Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:08PM
TruPet, LLC of Milford, OH, is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer because the products have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recall is limited to 400 cases of the product, as identified below.
The following affected "Boost Me" products were distributed in the continental USA via online retailer Chewy.com and TruDog.com through direct delivery:
Affected product can be identified by comparing the following lot number: "Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer" with "lot number #20190531 13815 ".
No products other than the specific product identified above are subject to this voluntary recall.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
The recall is being issued in an abundance of caution following the FDA’s collection of a retail sample from a single batch which tested positive. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Consumers who have purchased Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer are urged to return effected product to the place of purchase for a refund. Consumers with questions may call the company at 800-476-8808 for additional information.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass