Epic Products, LLC, Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Euphoric Capsules Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29PM
Overland Park, KS, Epic Products, LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots of Euphoric capsules, packaged in 1 count blister cards, 3 count bottles, and 12 count bottles to the consumer level. FDA analysis found samples of Euphoric to be tainted with undeclared sildenafil and tadalafil, active ingredients in two FDA-approved prescription drug products, also known as phosphodiesterase 5-inhibitors (PDE-5 inhibitors), used to treat male erectile dysfunction (ED). The presence of sildenafil and tadalafil in Euphoric renders it an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established and, therefore subject to recall.
Consumers who take this product for ED could have underlying cardiovascular disease. Consumers with diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol or heart disease often take nitrates; concomitant use of nitrates and PDE-5 inhibitors can lead to fatal cardiovascular collapse. To date, Epic Products, LLC has not received any reports of adverse events related to this recall.
This tainted Euphoric product is marketed as a dietary supplement for male sexual enhancement and is packaged in 1-count blister cards (UPC 6-9685928646-9), 3 count bottles (UPC 6-9685928646-6), and 12 count bottles (UPC 6-9685928648-3). All lots of Euphoric are included in this recall. Euphoric was sold to consumers nationwide in the USA via retail stores. Epic Products, LLC has discontinued sales of these products.
Epic Products is notifying its distributors and customers by email and phone calls and is arranging for return of all recalled products. Consumers/Distributors/retailers that have Euphoric which is being recalled should stop use/distribution and return to place of purchase.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can call 1-800-589-1470 between the hours of 9:00am and 6:00pm CST. Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product.
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download form www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Zakah Life Recalls Kratom Because Of Possible Health Risk
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Cafe Yumm! Restaurants
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads
- Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) Due to Risk of Adulteration
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg and 320mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity, Found in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)