Seacrest Foods Recalls l'Explorateur Soft Ripened Cheese Due to Possible Health Risk
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:55PM
Seacrest Foods International, Inc. of Lynn, MA is voluntarily recalling 29 cases of Formagere de la Brie brand, l’Explorateur soft ripened cheese because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, pregnant women and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages, stillbirths and fetal infection among pregnant women.
The Formagere de la Brie brand, l’Explorateur, soft ripened cheese made from pasteurized milk, was distributed at retail stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Jersey and New Hampshire beginning on 02/06/2018 through 03/31/18. The l’Explorateur product comes in a 250g (8.8 oz), clear plastic package marked with lot # b10 or b11 on the bottom, with UPC: 3 390010 004080.
No illnesses have been confirmed by public health authorities to date.
The cheese was manufactured by Fromagere de la Brie of St. Simeon, France. Seacrest Foods was one of several importers notified by their French Consolidator of a potentially positive test result for Listeria monocytogenes. Seacrest Foods is taking these steps because of our dedication to providing quality foods, and that must start with ensuring the safety of all the food we import and distribute. This recall is being undertaken with the knowledge of the FDA.
Consumers should not consume the product, and should discard it or return the product to the store for refund. Seacrest Foods representatives have already been in contact with retail customers that received product directly from their company and requested that they remove the recalled product from store shelves and inventories and that no product is available for consumer purchase.
Consumers with questions may contact Seacrest Foods at 781-581-2066 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass