Guixens Food Group Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in La Marinera Brand Dried Yellow Potatoes
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30PM
Guixens Food Group, Inc., of Miami, FL, is voluntarily recalling its ten-ounce packages of La Marinera Brand Dried Yellow Potatoes because it may contain undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The above-mentioned product was distributed to and available for purchase at retail supermarkets in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, California, and Tennessee.
The affected La Marinera Brand Dried Yellow Potatoes come in a 10-ounce, clear plastic bag marked with "Dried Yellow Potatoes - Papa Seca AmariIla" on the label with an expiration date of July 2018. The product UPC code is 7-42287-73054-5.
No illnesses or allergic reactions involving this product have been reported to date.
The voluntary recall was initiated after routine sampling by the Florida State Department of Agriculture and analysis by food laboratory personnel revealed the presence of sulfites in the product, which were not declared on the label.
Consumers who have purchased La Marinera Brand Dried Yellow Potatoes are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 305-634-0500, Mondays-Fridays, 9:00AM-4:00PM EST.
- Ottogi America, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Products
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N- nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products
- RXBAR Recalls Certain Varieties of Bars Due to a Potential Undeclared Peanut Allergen
- Voluntary Recall Notice of El Guapo Chile Habanero and Chile Pasilla-Ancho Pouches Due to Unlabeled Peanut Allergen
- Happy Together, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Vecuronium Bromide for Injection Due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass