Cookwell & Company Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Soy, Wheat and Fish Allergen in Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce with a "Best By" Date of "10 Nov 18"
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03PM
Cookwell & Company Is voluntarily recalling potentially up to 6,522 units of its Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce because it may contain undeclared soy, wheat and fish. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to these allergens may run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce jars were only distributed in the state of Texas.
The product comes in a 24 oz. glass jar, that is marked with a "BEST BY" date of "10 NOV 18" on the top shoulder of the jar (approximately ½-1" over the label). Please see the attached picture as a reference. The UPC code for the recalled product is: 0 91037 60929 8.
This product was produced on November 10, 2016. No illnesses have been reported to date, there are no other safety concerns for people who do not have a soy, wheat or fish allergy. This recall was voluntarily issued by the company after it discovered that the product was unintentionally mislabeled. Consumers who have purchased 24 oz. jars of Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce with a "BEST BY" date of "10 NOV 18" are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at (800) 903-7087, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, CST.
- Urgent Medical Device Recall: Sam XT Extremity Tourniquet
- New Seasons Market LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Mini Butter Croissants and Mini Chocolate Croissants
- Merrick Pet Care Voluntarily Recalls Limited Amount of Good Buddy and Backcountry Treats Containing Beef Due to Potentially Elevated Levels of Thyroid Hormone
- Ethanol Extraction Recalls Alcohol Product Because of Possible Health Risk
- Golden International Corporation Issues Public Safety Warning For Stolen Tilapia Because of Possible Health Risk
- Melanie Wholesale Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Melanie Mini Cookies with Caramel Flavor