Cookwell & Company Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Soy, Wheat and Fish Allergen in Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce with a "Best By" Date of "10 Nov 18"
Source: FDA Drug Recalls
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03PM
Cookwell & Company Is voluntarily recalling potentially up to 6,522 units of its Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce because it may contain undeclared soy, wheat and fish. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to these allergens may run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce jars were only distributed in the state of Texas.
The product comes in a 24 oz. glass jar, that is marked with a "BEST BY" date of "10 NOV 18" on the top shoulder of the jar (approximately ½-1" over the label). Please see the attached picture as a reference. The UPC code for the recalled product is: 0 91037 60929 8.
This product was produced on November 10, 2016. No illnesses have been reported to date, there are no other safety concerns for people who do not have a soy, wheat or fish allergy. This recall was voluntarily issued by the company after it discovered that the product was unintentionally mislabeled. Consumers who have purchased 24 oz. jars of Four J Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce with a "BEST BY" date of "10 NOV 18" are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at (800) 903-7087, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, CST.
- Zakah Life Recalls Kratom Because Of Possible Health Risk
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Cafe Yumm! Restaurants
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads
- Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) Due to Risk of Adulteration
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg and 320mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity, Found in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)